QUICK WEATHER FORECAST:
- This morning: chance of showers and thunderstorms minimum 68
- Today: Periods of rain and thunderstorms, heavy rain at times, high 79
- Tonight: showers and thunderstorms, low 69
- Monday: Chance of showers and thunderstorms, high 79
- Tuesday: Clouds, showers and thunderstorms, maximum 80
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, chance of showers in the afternoon, high 81
- Thursday: Clearance, seasonal, maximum 82
Good morning and have a nice Sunday !
More rain and thunderstorms are on the way for the rest of the holiday weekend. Due to the threat of heavy rain, flood watches are in effect for Ross and Pike counties through Monday evening. If you come across a flooded road, remember the saying “turn around, don’t drown!” Instead of trying to cross it, it’s always the safe option to turn around and find another route.
Today’s rain showers and thunderstorms will be guided by a front coming from the northwest. Ahead of the front, we still have plenty of warm, humid air in place. The front will add lift to an already unstable environment and help trigger more thunderstorms. The main threat with storms will be heavy rain accompanied by multiple lightning strikes.
Overnight, as the front begins to drop to the southeast, we will continue to see areas of heavy rain and thunderstorms. Temperatures will drop from a high in the upper 70s to the upper 60s.
With a front locked in the southeast corner of the state, we will see more showers in the forecast Monday and an increasing likelihood of thunderstorms throughout the afternoon. Like today, the biggest risk with these will be pockets of heavy rain which could lead to flooding at times.
Tuesday and Wednesday will not be total washouts, but will feature more clouds and showers. As the front retreats by the end of the week and the high reappears, there will again be a chance for sunshine on Thursday and Friday.
Have a nice day!
Suggest a fix