Weather forecast: September 8, 2022

Posted at 4:35 p.m. on Wednesday, September 7, 2022

BROOKHAVEN – “Where there’s a cloud doesn’t mean there’s rain” – Keith Whitley

There is a 70% chance that Whitley will be right on Thursday and a 30% chance that it will rain. Thunderstorms and showers will likely threaten the area between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Fog will be scattered in the area until about 8 a.m. The weather will be mostly sunny with highs of 84 and lows of 66. Winds will blow from the northeast at 5 mph. Thursday evening, there is more chance of rain but it is a small chance between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Sunrise is at 6:38 a.m. and sunset is at 7:28 p.m.

Be on the lookout for migrating birds that move through the area at this time of year. Wood storks, egrets and cormorants are expected to fly into the area right now heading south for the winter. Blue-winged teal ducks should hover above heading south. The teal season opens this Saturday. Sept. Canada goose season is open until the end of the month.