!1 new updateClick here for the latest updates
ICC Women’s World Championship
Defending champions England beat South Africa by 137 points in the semi-finals to face Australia in the final.
Bilateral naval exercise between the Indian and French navies
20th Bilateral Naval Exercise between Indian and French Navies – ‘VARUNA’ is taking place in the Arabian Sea till April 3
NEET-PG 2021-22 All India Quota Recovery
SC Cancels All India Quota Mop-Up Round Advice for NEET-PG Admissions 2021-22 to Address Anomalies on 146 New Seats
The heatwave continues
The heat wave is expected to continue over northwest, central and western India for the next 4-5 days. However, the intensity of the heatwave will decrease over northwest India from April 1: Indian Meteorological Service (IMD)
Pondicherry without Covid
With no active cases, Pondicherry becomes ‘COVID-free’, says senior health official.
Share their experiences of the House across the country: PM
Prime Minister Modi urges outgoing Rajya Sabha MPs to share their Chamber experiences across the country and inspire generations to come
PM Modi bids farewell to outgoing Rajya Sabha members
Our RS members have a lot of experience…sometimes experience has more power than academic knowledge.
Biden plans to tap oil reserves to control gas prices
President Joe Biden is preparing to order the release of up to 1 million barrels of oil a day from the country’s Strategic Petroleum Reserve, according to two people familiar with the decision, in a bid to control energy prices which soared as the United States and its allies imposed harsh sanctions on Russia for its invasion of Ukraine.
Vanniyar reservation law ruled unconstitutional
SC cancels 10.5% reservation of Vanniyars in Tamil Nadu and considers Vanniyar Reservations Act 2021 unconstitutional
Chennai protests over fuel tariffs
Congress workers stage protest in Chennai against central government for inflation and rising fuel prices
8 arrested for vandalism
8 detained for vandalism at Delhi residence CM Arvind Kejriwal, more arrests to follow: Delhi Police
Ukrainian president says defense is at ‘turning point’
Ukraine’s president said his country’s defense against Russian invasion was at a ‘turning point’ and again urged the United States for more help in the hours after the forces’ denial Kremlin of their promise to reduce some of their operations.
Bharat Ratna by Ratan Tata
The Delhi High Court will today hear a petition seeking ‘Bharat Ratna’ from industrialist Ratan Tata for his services to the nation.
Death of Kirodi Singh Bainsla
Gurjar Community Leader Colonel (Retired) Kirodi Singh Bainsla Dies After Prolonged Illness: Family Sources
Protest against fuel prices
Congress leaders including Rahul Gandhi stage protest in Vijay Chowk against rising fuel prices
Exchange: Sensex, Nifty
Sensex rises 127.38 points to 58,811.37 at start of trade; Nifty climbs 47.1 points to 17,545.35
India Covid Update
India records 1,225 new cases, 28 deaths and 1,594 recoveries in past 24 hours; The number of active cases stands at 14,307
Bain Capital acquired 25% of IIFL wealth for Rs 3679.95 cr
Bain Capital has agreed to acquire a 24.98% stake in IIFL Wealth Management from some of the existing private equity investors such as General Atlantic and Fairfax Holdings from Prem Watsa for approximately Rs 3,679.95 crore, the company said. Indian Wealth Management.
China reports 1,803 new local cases of COVID-19
China has reported 1,803 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, the National Health Commission said. Of the new local infections, 1,340 were reported in Jilin, 355 in Shanghai, 19 in Heilongjiang, 15 in Henan and 11 in Fujian and Guangdong, the Xinhua news agency reported citing the commission.
Ukraine War: Putin Misled by Russian Army, White House Says
- Russian President Vladimir Putin was misled by advisers who were too scared to tell him how badly the war in Ukraine is going and how damaging Western sanctions have been, White House and European officials have said. .
- Russia’s February 24 invasion of its southern neighbor was halted on many fronts by fierce resistance from Ukrainian forces who recaptured the territory even as civilians are trapped in besieged towns.
Pakistan: ongoing political unrest
- Pakistan’s former Finance Minister Ishaq Dar spoke with Jahangir Khan Tareen, Pakistan’s outgoing Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) leader, about the current political situation in the country. The two leaders also spoke about the motion of no confidence tabled against Usman Buzdar in the Punjab Assembly. Buzdar has tendered his resignation to Prime Minister Imran Khan, but the resignation has not yet been accepted, Geo News reported citing sources within the PML-N group and Jahangir Tareen.
- Dar and Tareen spoke on the phone for about half an hour and discussed the current political situation in Pakistan. They also discussed possibilities of cooperation at the Punjab Assembly and Central level, the sources said.
UK Foreign Office to discuss Russian-Ukrainian crisis with Jaishankar
Alex Ellis, British High Commissioner to India, has indicated that talks between British Foreign Secretary Elizabeth Truss and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar could include the Russian-Ukrainian crisis. He made the remarks at Queen Elizabeth II’s birthday party at the British High Commission in Delhi.
Rahul Gandhi begins a two-day visit to Karnataka today
Oscars: Will Smith-Chris Rock slams the investigation
The Academy has started disciplinary proceedings against Will Smith for slapping Chris Rock at the Oscars. He also said Smith was asked to leave and refused (Reuters)
23 countries have yet to fully reopen schools after Covid lockdown: UNICEF
As the Covid-19 pandemic enters its third year, 23 countries – home to an estimated 405 million school children – have yet to fully reopen schools, and many school children are at risk of dropping out, the UN Fund has said. childhood (UNICEF).
Shanghai Covid Case
China’s financial hub of Shanghai has reported 5,298 asymptomatic COVID-19 cases and 355 symptomatic cases as of March 30, the city government said on its official WeChat account on Thursday. This compares to 5,656 new asymptomatic cases and 326 new cases with symptoms reported a day earlier.
Moscow today announces a ceasefire in Mariupol to evacuate civilians
Russia’s Defense Ministry announced a local ceasefire on Thursday to allow civilians to be evacuated from the besieged Ukrainian port city of Mariupol. A humanitarian corridor linking Mariupol to Zaporizhia, via the Russian-controlled port of Berdyansk, will be opened from 10:00 a.m. (0700 GMT), the ministry said.
Gasoline and diesel prices
- Petrol and Diesel prices in Delhi at Rs 101.81 per liter and Rs 93.07 per liter respectively today (increased by 80 paise)
- In Mumbai, petrol and diesel prices per liter at Rs 116.72 and Rs 100.94 (increased by 84 paise)
- In Chennai, the price of petrol is Rs 107.45 (increased by 76 paise) and diesel is Rs 97.52 (increased by 76 paise)
- In Kolkata, the price of petrol is Rs 111.35 (increased by 83 paise) and diesel is Rs 96.22 (increased by 80 paise)
An American astronaut returns to Earth with two Russian cosmonauts in a Russian space capsule
American astronaut Vande Hei stayed in space for 355 days, breaking the previous record of 340 days set by Scott Kelly in 2016.