Here is our latest weather forecast for India.
5-day national forecasts
Cyclonic circulation is found southwest of the Bay of Bengal off the southern coast of Sri Lanka at lower tropospheric levels, while strong northeast winds prevail over the coast of Tamil Nadu and the southern coast of Andhra Pradesh at lower levels.
Under their combined influence, scattered / fairly extensive light to moderate rains are likely over the coast of Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Rayalaseema, southern interior Karnataka, Kerala and Mahe, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karaikal over the years. next five days.
In addition, isolated heavy to very heavy rains could fall in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karaikal from November 26 to 29, with isolated extremely heavy falls likely on November 26.
In addition, heavy isolated showers were forecast across Kerala, the southern coast of Andhra Pradesh, Yanam and Rayalaseema from November 26 to 29, and these last three subdivisions could also witness very heavy isolated falls on the 28 and November 29.
Wind gusts (speeds up to 40-50 km / h, gusts to 60 km / h) will prevail over the southwestern Bay of Bengal, the region of Comorin and the Gulf of Mannar, along and south of the Tamil Nadu coast on November 26. Fishermen have been advised not to venture into these areas.
Finally, a low pressure area is expected to form over the southern Andaman Sea around November 29. It is expected to increase and move west-northwest over the next 48 hours. Under its influence, heavy isolated rains are possible over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands on November 29 and 30.
Ladakh and Arunachal Pradesh may however see isolated rain / snow from Friday to Saturday.
Regarding mercury levels, maximum temperatures will be cooler than normal in northeast Uttar Pradesh and Bihar on Friday. From Sunday, Andhra Pradesh will experience slightly cooler than normal highs. On the other hand, overnight lows will be average or warmer than normal across the country.
2-day regional forecast
- Widespread rains with isolated heavy falls and thunderstorms are likely over Tamil Nadu. Fairly extensive rains and thunderstorms are forecast over Kerala.
- Scattered rains and thunderstorms are expected over Lakshadweep and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Isolated rains and thunderstorms are possible over Ladakh, Sikkim, West Bengal sub-Himalayas, Arunachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. Snow can mix in Ladakh, Sikkim and northern Arunachal Pradesh.
- Widespread rains and thunderstorms are likely over Tamil Nadu. The coast of Tamil Nadu and the coast of Andhra Pradesh will experience heavy isolated falls.
- Fairly extensive rains and thunderstorms are expected over Kerala, while scattered rains and thunderstorms can hit Lakshadweep.
- Isolated rains and thunderstorms are possible over Ladakh, Arunachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Snow can mix in Ladakh and northern Arunachal Pradesh.
For weather, science and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The weather channel app (on Android and iOS store). It’s free!