!1 new updateClick here for the latest updates
Odisha’s active COVID-19 tally crosses 200 mark
Odisha reported 38 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, bringing the total to 12,88,800, the health ministry said. The toll remained at 9,126 with no new deaths reported in the past 24 hours. The state now has 202 active cases, while 12,79,419 people have recovered from the disease, including 21 since Friday, the health ministry said.
369 trains canceled due to Agnipath protests
The railways canceled 369 trains on Saturday due to agitation against the Center for the Recruitment of Soldiers into the Armed Forces’ recently announced Agnipath program, officials said. These include 210 mail/express trains and 159 local passenger trains. The railways also partially canceled two mail/express trains, so the total number of affected trains during the day is 371, officials said.
UN condemns attack on Sikh temple in Kabul
The United Nations Mission in Afghanistan has strongly condemned the attack on a Sikh temple in Kabul, which reportedly claimed many lives. At least two civilians, including a Sikh and a security guard, died on Saturday after unidentified assailants attacked a Gurudwara in Kabul city. “UNAMA strongly condemns today’s attack on a Sikh temple in Kabul, which reportedly claimed many lives. Attacks on civilians must stop immediately. UNAMA calls for the protection of all minorities in Afghanistan, including Sikhs, Hazaras and Sufis,” the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) said in a statement.
Pondicherry reports 21 new cases of COVID-19
The union territory of Pondicherry recorded 21 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total to 1,66,044, a senior health official said on Saturday. Director of Health G Sriramulu, in a statement, said the health department had reviewed 1,559 samples in the past 24 hours and 21 new cases had emerged during the assessment at UT. There were no new deaths today and the death toll remained unchanged at 1,962. Sriramulu said there were 114 active cases of which 111 patients were under home quarantine and only three patients were hospitalized .
Agnipath protests: ECoR cancels many trains
There is no violence here. Three trains were canceled, rest is normal. District Police, GRP and RPF working together: Darminder Kalyan, Inspector, GRP
Himachal Pradesh: Class 12 board exams result in pass percentage of 93.91
Law Enforcement Directorate arrests Appasaheb Ramchandra Deshmukh
The Law Enforcement Directorate arrests Appasaheb Ramachandra Deshmukh, Treasurer of Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Education Society (SCSES) in a money laundering case.
The southwest monsoon has further advanced throughout the central western Bay of Bengal, most parts of the northwest Bay of Bengal, parts of Gangetic West Bengal, Jharkhand and other parts of Bihar today: Indian Meteorological Service
Pragya Singh Thakur complains about receiving death threats over phone from ‘Dawood’s brother’s man’
Thakur, who represents Bhopal Lok Sabha constituency, filed the complaint at TT Nagar police station early on Saturday.
UP Board class 10 result out: 88.18% Pass percentage
The pass percentage in the 2022 UP board class 10 results is 88.18%. The girls eclipsed the boys with a passing percentage of 91.69%, against 85.25% for the boys.
Kerala: Youth Congress workers demand resignation of CM Pinarayi Vijayan over gold smuggling case
At least 2 dead in an attack in gurudwara in Afghanistan
New India proudly lives its ancient identity with modern aspirations, says PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi lays foundation stone for various development projects worth Rs 21,000 crore in Vadodara
Twitter employees skeptical of their future under Musk
Twitter workers are skeptical about their future after Elon Musk spoke to them this week, saying they were doing their best to stay focused on work.
PM in Vadodara
#WATCH | Gujarat: Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives at the venue in Vadodara where he will lay the foundations of… https://t.co/o35IYih9QA
— ANI (@ANI) 1655538690000
Assam hit by massive floods
Assam is badly affected by floods with 18.95 lakh people suffering in 28 districts and 55 people dying due to the deluge and landslides in the state this year.
Punjab government launches portal to get CLU, tax or fire license: Mann
Merchants don’t need to go anywhere to get permission – for CLU, for taxes, for the fire department. We are going to launch a portal, it will be a one-stop system. You will pay fee and get all documents online within 10 minutes: Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann in public meeting in Sangrur
India should land 20,000 troops in Kabul to save Sikhs: Swamy
Why should we let the Sikhs in Afghanistan be massacred by the cowardly ISIS? India expected to land 20,000 troops in Ka… https://t.co/xwFbo9vWVR
— Subramanian Swamy (@Swamy39) 1655526884000
UP Board to announce Class 10 result at 2 p.m., Class 12 result at 4 p.m.
Congress appoints Pawan Khera as media and publicity chairman
Congress Appoints Pawan Khera as Chairman of Media and Publicity in New Communications Department Effective Immediately
Court rejects Satyendar Jain’s bail request
CBI special court rejects Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain’s bail request in alleged money laundering case
Gurudwara Karte Parwan’s attack must be condemned in the strongest terms by all: Jaishankar
The cowardly attack on Gurudwara Karte Parwan must be condemned in the strongest terms by all. We have been following developments closely since news of the attack was received. Our first concern is the welfare of the community: EAM Dr S Jaishankar
SpaceX reportedly fired employees criticizing CEO Elon Musk
It’s unclear how many SpaceX workers have lost their jobs, but Shotwell left no doubt that the company believes it has crossed an unacceptable line.
PM Modi holds talks with CM of Assam Himanta Biswa Sarma to update on flood situation
PM Modi holds talks with CM of Assam Himanta Biswa Sarma to update on flood situation in the state; provides support to the Center
Prime Minister Modi raises a flag atop the Mahakali Temple in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Modi said the flag atop the Mahakali Temple in Gujarat had not been flown for five centuries, not even for 75 years after independence.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unfurls the flag at Mahakali temple in Panchmahal district, after the dargah therein was moved with the consent of its guardians.
Timeline of Gurudwara attack and latest information
- The attack began at 7:15 a.m. Kabul time (8:30 a.m. India time)
- 3 people came out; 2 of them sent to hospital
- The Gurudwara guard was shot dead
- 3 Taliban soldiers injured
- Two attackers cornered by Taliban soldiers
- 7-8 people are still believed to be trapped inside, but numbers are unconfirmed
Update on the attack in Afghanistan
- 25-30 Afghan Hindus and Sikhs were present in the Gurudwara for morning prayers and when the attackers entered the premises, 10-15 managed to flee. The rest are trapped inside or fear they are dead: Sources
- Explosion reported some time ago near Karte Parwan Gurudwara in Kabul. Deaths are reported in the complex attack. Early reports suggest an explosion took place outside the Gurdwara gate, killing at least two Afghans.
- Subsequently, 2 explosions took place inside the complex, and some stores attached to Gurdwara caught fire. At least 2 assailants are believed to be inside the Gurudwara compound and the Taliban are attempting to catch them alive. The exact number of deaths is still unclear: Sources
Shooting continues, 7-8 people still trapped inside Gurudwara
According to information so far, 3 people came out (from Gurudwara), 2 of them were sent to hospital. Gurudwara’s guard – a Muslim – died in the crossfire. It is still believed that 7-8 people are trapped inside, but the numbers are unconfirmed. The shooting continues: Manjinder Singh Sirsa, BJP
MEA concerned about Kabul Gurugwara attack
We are deeply concerned by reports from Kabul of an attack on a holy Gurudwara in that city. We are closely monitoring the situation and await further details on ongoing developments: Department of External Affairs (MEA)
Update on the explosion in Afghanistan
Sikh Sangat is believed to be stuck at Gurdwara Karte Parwan in Kabul which was attacked by terrorists this morning
India reports 13,216 new cases, 23 deaths in past 24 hours
Active cases 68,108 Daily positivity rate (2.73%)
Police officer shot dead in JK’s Pulwama
- A policeman was shot dead by terrorists inside his home in Pulwama district in J&K.
- The bullet-riddled body of Deputy Police Inspector Farooq Ah Mir found in the rice fields near his home.
- According to the police, “the preliminary investigation reveals that he had left his home to go to work in his rice fields last night, where he was shot dead by terrorists”
- Mir was assigned to the IRP 23rd Battalion at CTC Lethpora.
Prime Minister Modi blogs and asks for his mother’s blessing on his 100th birthday
Took my mom’s blessings today as she enters her 100th year… https://t.co/lTEVGcyzdX
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 1655518964000
Russia will use nuclear weapons to defend its sovereignty: Putin
- When asked to comment on the West’s claims about the threat of nuclear war and World War III, the president said, “Where did that come from? From their own statements. high-ranking politicians…
- “Are we supposed to stay silent? we will use to defend our sovereignty. These are obvious things.
Explosions reported near gurdwara in Kabul: agencies
Explosions heard in the Karte Parwan neighborhood of Kabul city. Details about the nature and casualties of this incident are not yet known: Reports
Ecuador declares state of emergency in three provinces amid indigenous protests
- On Friday evening, Ecuadorian President Guillermo Lasso declared a state of emergency in three provinces in response to sometimes violent demonstrations by indigenous people demanding fuel price reductions.
- “I am determined to defend our capital and our country,” Lasso said on television.