Several Toronto schools are no longer closed two hours after reports that a man with a gun was walking near Maberley Crescent and Oxhorn Road in Port Union.

Toronto police said the calls came in shortly before 1 p.m. Thursday.

Police said they located the man, who was described as being in his late teens or early 20s, wearing a white bowler hat and three-quarter length coat.

Officers are at the scene and have “discharged” a firearm, according to police tweets.

The suspect is injured and paramedics are on the scene, police said.

“There is no broader threat to public safety,” police said shortly after 2 p.m.

Joseph Howe Main Public School and Sir Oliver Mowat Collegiate Institute were released from lockdown shortly before 3 p.m.

Charlottetown Junior Public School was previously closed before being put on hold and secured along with Centennial Road Junior Public School and William G. Davis Junior Public School, according to tweets from the Toronto District School Board.

The three schools are no longer on standby and secure.

Toronto police at the scene in Port Union after reports a gunman forced the four schools into lockdown. Officers have since located a male. (Mehrdad Nazarahari/CBC)

A hold and secure is a school response to an incident in the general vicinity, but not on or near school property. The day continues as normal inside the school, the TDSB says, but as a precaution, the exterior doors are locked and no one can enter or leave the building.

The incident comes just two days after a gunman barricaded himself in a classroom at an elementary school in Texas and killed 19 children and two teachers.

Toronto Police Chief James Ramer is expected to provide an update to the public from the scene this afternoon.

A police officer is seen in a cordoned off area after reports that a person with a gun forced four Toronto schools into lockdown on May 26, 2022. (Evan Mitsui/CBC)